Connect With ME

Do you have an interesting news. Email me kdblog@gmail.com

Abraka has become a waterloo for Isoko lecturers – Obaro

 


By Simeon Okworide
THE Abraka, the host community of Delta State University has consumed so many Isokos of fine minds. There is need therefore for the Isoko nation to rise up now, not in war frenzy but with a collective demand to the Abraka community to explain the rationale behind the killing of Isoko people in Abraka.
Mr. Orevaoghene Obaro made this call, when Isoko Mirror accosted him in his Oleh residence while reacting to the dead of Prince Dave Akiri who was allegedly shot dead by arm robbers in the staff quarters of the institution.
“At First, when I got the information, I took it for one of those incidents. But on a second look, after collecting additional information, it revealed that, more than ten (10) lecturers of Isoko origin have over the years lost their lives working at the Delta State university is unreasonable” he said. He wonder why has there been no outcry by the Isoko nation and others about these atrocities, he asked.
He therefore demanded that, the Isoko people must rise in unison with a collective demand to the Abraka community to explain what they have done to Isoko people in their territory. He said this is the only option left for the Isoko nation and concluded that if the Isoko people do not act as a united body on this issue, then we need to check our brains and rethink our live as an ethnic nationality in this concoct called Nigeria. I rest my case by letting you into a poem written by a German during the World War II “when they came for the Jews, I did not resist because I was not a Jew, nor did I when they came for the Christians because I was not a Christian, neither did I resist when they came for the homosexuals, and when they came for me there was no one left to stand up for me.”
If you take care of your own, you will also be able to take care of others

No comments:

Post a Comment