1 John 4 verse 4. “He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world” am sure when this young Emevor farmer encountered the pyton that almost took his life, he had 1 John 4:4 in mind. Fear is what usually killed most people. The 28 years old Emevor, trained electrician/ farmer never dreamt he will experience such pains in less than two months in the year 2014.
Isoko Mirror present to you an usher with Anglican Church, Mr. Elvis Umuakpoero Omoyibo of Uruafer quarter, Emevor, Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.
Read on.
I am Elvis Umuakpoero Omoyibo, I am a trained electrician turned farmer. I have five different farms. I have plantain, palm trees and pineapple farms and I have been a farmer for about 5 years now.
On why I did not pursue education
I lost my parents early so I dropped out of school in SS2 and learnt a trade but because there was no business, I decided to go into farming.
My experience with the pyton

On the 24 of July, I went to spray my farm, but when I noticed the weather wasn’t bright enough, I started clearing with cutlass until eventually the weather was clear. As I was going to pick the spraying can, I saw a big bunch of banana so I was glad that I will make some money so I began to praise God that at least the bunch of banana will be up to N1000. All of a sudden, from no where the pyton strucked at me and I used my cutlass to defend myself by cutting the snake in the process my helmet fell down the snake wrapped itself around me. So I started fighting with it by pressing its neck and drew it from my body and it disappeared. I immediately called my pastor that I was fighting with a snake in my farm, but my pastor thought it was a joke. I quickly switch off the phone in order for me not to loose concentration.
What happen next?
Before I knew what was happening, the snake struck again and this time it came from my feet and raped me from my legs to my chest so I grab its neck again and it started wavering me and I staggered but I still held its neck until I got to where my cutlass was, I picked up the cutlass and started cutting the snake, but the more I cut, the more the body got swollen I was getting tied and all my clothes were thorn and because I was alone in the farm, I said to myself I will try my best to survived whatever happens, I would have done my bit.
And?
Eventually it fell off me to the ground and I cut off its head and tail. I had a shovel in my farm so I dug a pit up to my kneel then push the snake into the pit and cover it and ran down to the town to inform my elder sister about my experience. But before I pushed it into the pit, I snapped it with my phone. A lot of people didn’t believe me. My sister said we should go and bring the snake. When we got to the farm, I showed them the spot; they dug and dug to know avail the snake has disappeared. We went back home and there was celebration of victory even as some people were still trooping to my farm to have a glance of the struggle. This happened on the 24 of July 2014 on 26 July, we eventually left for our apartment, because due to what happened, my elder sister requested that I and my wife should stay at her place, so it was on the 26 July evening we went back home. We went to bed but about 10am I went to ease myself and my wife followed I think she saw cockroach I heard hipping things with broom I now went into my room behold so many cockroach so I went to the kitchen, it was covered with cockroaches they were so many that we have to leave the house back to my sister’s place. At about 6:15am that Sunday my sisters husband followed us back to our place and they had increased, my in-law sprayed the house with chemicals. We locked up and followed him back. By the time we got back in the evening, they have all died and we cleaned up the apartment.
Other experience I had were on June 21, 2014, before my marriage, I carried my friends wife to Owodokpokpo for a party, on our way I saw a brother I signaled to him that I will be back. Truly after dropping the woman, I went back to meet him. As I sat I was not comfortable because some of the boys there were smoking Indian hemp so I informed my brother that I was going back to the event ground. I haven’t gone far before I somersaulted with injuries all over my body. I sent people to my brother that I had an accident he came and took me to the clinic for treatment, carried me with his motorcycle back to Emevor, and on the 28 of June I did my marriage. On July 22, I carried bunch of plantain to my in-law in Otor-Owhe, a deaf and dumb boy rode into my front with a bi
cycle and I fell with my motorcycle had injuries again before my encounter with the pyton.
Your last word on this interview
It is good to praise and worship God. He is faithful and caring. I want everybody to draw close to God, if not for His faithfulness I would have been a dead man. I tell you, the experience I have had between June and July would last me a life time. I am an orphan and just a farmer. I give God all the glory for all the great things he has done, because He has been by me.
Isoko Mirror present to you an usher with Anglican Church, Mr. Elvis Umuakpoero Omoyibo of Uruafer quarter, Emevor, Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.
Read on.
I am Elvis Umuakpoero Omoyibo, I am a trained electrician turned farmer. I have five different farms. I have plantain, palm trees and pineapple farms and I have been a farmer for about 5 years now.
On why I did not pursue education
I lost my parents early so I dropped out of school in SS2 and learnt a trade but because there was no business, I decided to go into farming.
My experience with the pyton

On the 24 of July, I went to spray my farm, but when I noticed the weather wasn’t bright enough, I started clearing with cutlass until eventually the weather was clear. As I was going to pick the spraying can, I saw a big bunch of banana so I was glad that I will make some money so I began to praise God that at least the bunch of banana will be up to N1000. All of a sudden, from no where the pyton strucked at me and I used my cutlass to defend myself by cutting the snake in the process my helmet fell down the snake wrapped itself around me. So I started fighting with it by pressing its neck and drew it from my body and it disappeared. I immediately called my pastor that I was fighting with a snake in my farm, but my pastor thought it was a joke. I quickly switch off the phone in order for me not to loose concentration.
What happen next?
Before I knew what was happening, the snake struck again and this time it came from my feet and raped me from my legs to my chest so I grab its neck again and it started wavering me and I staggered but I still held its neck until I got to where my cutlass was, I picked up the cutlass and started cutting the snake, but the more I cut, the more the body got swollen I was getting tied and all my clothes were thorn and because I was alone in the farm, I said to myself I will try my best to survived whatever happens, I would have done my bit.
And?

Eventually it fell off me to the ground and I cut off its head and tail. I had a shovel in my farm so I dug a pit up to my kneel then push the snake into the pit and cover it and ran down to the town to inform my elder sister about my experience. But before I pushed it into the pit, I snapped it with my phone. A lot of people didn’t believe me. My sister said we should go and bring the snake. When we got to the farm, I showed them the spot; they dug and dug to know avail the snake has disappeared. We went back home and there was celebration of victory even as some people were still trooping to my farm to have a glance of the struggle. This happened on the 24 of July 2014 on 26 July, we eventually left for our apartment, because due to what happened, my elder sister requested that I and my wife should stay at her place, so it was on the 26 July evening we went back home. We went to bed but about 10am I went to ease myself and my wife followed I think she saw cockroach I heard hipping things with broom I now went into my room behold so many cockroach so I went to the kitchen, it was covered with cockroaches they were so many that we have to leave the house back to my sister’s place. At about 6:15am that Sunday my sisters husband followed us back to our place and they had increased, my in-law sprayed the house with chemicals. We locked up and followed him back. By the time we got back in the evening, they have all died and we cleaned up the apartment.

Other experience I had were on June 21, 2014, before my marriage, I carried my friends wife to Owodokpokpo for a party, on our way I saw a brother I signaled to him that I will be back. Truly after dropping the woman, I went back to meet him. As I sat I was not comfortable because some of the boys there were smoking Indian hemp so I informed my brother that I was going back to the event ground. I haven’t gone far before I somersaulted with injuries all over my body. I sent people to my brother that I had an accident he came and took me to the clinic for treatment, carried me with his motorcycle back to Emevor, and on the 28 of June I did my marriage. On July 22, I carried bunch of plantain to my in-law in Otor-Owhe, a deaf and dumb boy rode into my front with a bi
cycle and I fell with my motorcycle had injuries again before my encounter with the pyton.Your last word on this interview
It is good to praise and worship God. He is faithful and caring. I want everybody to draw close to God, if not for His faithfulness I would have been a dead man. I tell you, the experience I have had between June and July would last me a life time. I am an orphan and just a farmer. I give God all the glory for all the great things he has done, because He has been by me.
No comments:
Post a Comment